June 04, 2020
News Latest News | Coronavirus | Bangor Metro | Trump Visit | Today's Paper

4-year-old Maine boy saves family from fire

GORHAM, Maine — A 4-year-old Gorham boy is being credited with saving his family from an early morning fire by using lessons he learned at his daycare center.

Maine firefighters say Joseph Lamoin woke to the smell and sight of smoke at about 5 a.m. Monday.

Joseph did as he was taught: crawling on his hands and knees to his mother’s room where he woke her and his sister.

The three crawled upstairs to the home of Joseph’s grandmother.

The basement apartment was heavily damaged. The rest of the house suffered smoke damage.

The apartment did have working smoke detectors.

Firefighters believe the fire was caused by an aquarium heater.


Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like