May 25, 2018
Bangor Latest News | Poll Questions | Farm Bill | Memorial Day | Pigs Buried

Husson student charged twice over weekend

A Husson University student was summoned by police twice over the weekend, once on Saturday for allegedly stealing a wallet from a fellow student and again on Sunday after he allegedly tried to pick a fight with the student whose wallet he is accused of taking.

Kevin Beardsley, 19, whose hometown is Norwich, Conn., was arrested and charged with theft Saturday in connection with the theft of a wallet from another Husson student two weeks earlier, Bangor police Lt. Jeff Millard said Monday.

Bangor police charged Beardsley with the theft after a Husson residential life staffer identified him on security footage from two local businesses, Millard said.

The surveillance footage reportedly shows Beardsley using a stolen credit card from the wallet at a Tim Hortons coffee shop and at a Wal-Mart Supercenter.

After his arrest, Beardsley was taken to Penobscot County Jail. He made bail the same day.

The next day, Beardsley was summoned on an assault charge after he reportedly tried to instigate a fight with the student whose wallet he allegedly stole, Millard said. (Dawn Gagnon, BDN)


A Bangor man who picked the wrong time to call police for help was arrested Friday night after he was found in violation of his bail conditions.

The trouble for 22-year-old Nick Ennis began shortly after 8 p.m., when he called Bangor police to report that someone was banging at his door with a crowbar and that he wanted the person removed, according to Bangor police Lt. Jeff Millard.

Though police officers found no one with a crowbar around when they arrived, they did note that Ennis had been drinking alcohol — a violation of his release from an earlier unrelated incident — and arrested him, Millard said.

After his arrest, Ennis was taken to Penobscot County Jail, where he remained until Monday, when he was released after appearing before a district court judge, a jail official confirmed Monday. (Dawn Gagnon, BDN)


An East Millinocket man was arrested and charged with criminal trespass Friday after returning to Husson University despite receiving a trespass warning earlier in the week.

Matthew Fraser, 20, was arrested about 4:30 p.m. after he showed up in Hart Hall, Bangor police Lt. Jeff Millard said Monday. Fraser received the additional charge of use of drug paraphernalia after his arresting officer found a marijuana “roach” in one of his pockets.

After his arrest, Fraser was taken to Penobscot County Jail. He since has been released on bail, a jail official said Monday night. (Dawn Gagnon, BDN)

Have feedback? Want to know more? Send us ideas for follow-up stories.

You may also like