CARIBOU, Maine — A problem with a wood stove is suspected to have caused a fire that destroyed a home on the Limestone Road on Monday.

The fire broke out at the home owned by Roland Thomp-son at 111 Limestone Road at approximately 4:30 a.m. Monday, according to Roy Woods, chief of the Caribou Fire Department.

Woods said Tuesday that Thompson was not at the home at the time of the fire but a wood stove was going.

“I suspect there was a problem with the wood stove,” he said, adding that it was located in the kitchen area.

When the Fire Department arrived, flames were shooting from the roof of the dwelling, according to Woods.

“We were on the scene for just over two hours and we had 25 firefighters there,” said the chief.

The home was a total loss. Thompson was insured.

No one was injured.