SACO, Maine — Officials say a fire that swept through the showroom of an auto dealership in Saco caused damage estimated at nearly $100,000.
Firefighters from four departments converged on Prime Nissan on U.S. Route 1 in Saco after an alarm sounded at 2:40 a.m. Saturday. Traffic was shut down in both directions until firefighters doused the blaze, which was believed to have been caused by an electrical malfunction.
Saco Fire Capt. Luke Godbout said the blaze caused about $30,000 in damage to the building and about $50,000 in damage to the showroom and offices. Officials said vehicles in the showroom were damaged but not destroyed.