SPRINGVALE, Maine — The York County CareerCenter, 9 Bodwell Court, announced its January workshop programs schedule for job seekers. CareerCenters can assist businesses by offering workshops on location, at local businesses or other organizations at no cost. The following workshops and programs will be held at the CareerCenter in Springvale unless otherwise noted:
* Resume Workshop — 9 a.m. noon Tuesday, Jan. 8.
*Complimentary Computer Boot Camp, a three-part series, 9-11 a.m. Friday, Jan. 11, 18 and 25.
* York County Networking Group: Brown Bag Networking, noon-2 p.m. Friday, Jan. 11 and Jan. 25. Bring a lunch and bring a friend. Open to all. No reservation required.
* Interview Workshop, 9 a.m.-noon Tuesday, Jan. 22. Registration required.
* GATEways to Employment, 1-4 p.m. Monday, Jan. 28. Learn how assessments can identify abilities, interests and skills and discover the unadvertised job market. Other topics include job search strategies, resume and cover letter tips and interviewing. Registration required.
* Human Resource Panel Discussion, 9-11 a.m. Tuesday, Jan. 29. Three human resources directors from local companies will discuss the “ins-and-outs” of resume and job application reviews, including job interviews and appropriate follow-up techniques. Call 207-324-5460 or 800-343-0151 to register for the discussion.
Recruiting in January at the CareerCenter will be:
* Springborn Staffing, 8-11 a.m. Wednesday, Jan. 9 and Jan. 23. Reservations are not required.
* Adecco Staffing will be recruiting 10 a.m.-2 p.m. Thursdays in January. Current openings are with Poland Springs, Corning Life Sciences and GE. Reservation are not required.
The York County CareerCenter will feature several sessions led by these partner organizations in January:
* Essentials of College Planning Workshop with Christy Le of MEOC, 10 a.m-1 p.m. Monday, Jan. 14. The instructor will assist participants in completing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). To register for the next available session or for information, call 800-281-3703 or visit meoc.maine.edu.
* Women Unlimited will offer non-traditional occupations consultations. Call Sue LeClair, NTO specialist at 207-215-6992.
* Goodwill Workforce Solutions administers federally funded employment and training programs through the Workforce Investment Act. Certain eligibility requirements apply. For information, call the Workforce Solutions Center in Biddeford at 207-571-3301 to schedule a date for a training orientation.
* Maine Centers for Women, Work & Community offer no cost classes in assertive communication, creating your future, creating the rest of your life, credit yourself, entrepreneurial training, financing your future, professional development and mature worker activities. For information, call Ruth Graves in Saco at 207-286-1722.
The York County CareerCenter is open 8 a.m.-5 p.m., Monday through Friday and can be reached at 207-324-5460 or 800-343-0151. TTY users should dial Maine Relay 711. For information. go to www.mainecareercenter.com.