SEARSPORT, Maine — Celebrate fall at the annual Fling into Fall fair Friday and Saturday, Oct. 5-6, 2012. Activities will include concerts, hayrides, a scarecrow contest, craft and food vendors, an antique car show, a historical ghost tour of Searsport, public suppers and a free raffle for a vacation house week in Florida.
Friday, Oct. 5
* 10 a.m-5 p.m., Scarecrow and Jack O’ Lantern Contest on the front lawn (The Crescent) of Penobscot Marine Museum.
*4:30-6 p.m., Turkey supper at Searsport United Methodist Church.
* 5 p.m., Lighting of luminaries and jack o’ lanterns on The Crescent.
These avtivities will tak place at the Dan Rich Public Safety Building:
* 5:30 p.m., Face painting.
* 6 p.m., Children’s activities.
* 7 p.m., Bonfire and concessions.
* 7:15-9 p.m., Live entertainment by First Stone, sponsored by Dunkin Donuts.
Saturday, Oct. 6
* 7-9 a.m., Public breakfast, Masonic Hall, corner of Elk and Main, sponsored by Searsport Masons.
* 9 a.m.-3 p.m., Craft Show, Public Safety Building.
* 9 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Scarecrow Contest, people’s choice voting, on The Crescent.
* 11 a.m., Parade on Main Street.
* 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Antique and Classic Car Show, Mosman Park.
* 11:30 a.m.-4:30 p.m., One-hour-long Ghost Tour. Bus leaves Penobscot Marine Museum every hour on the ½ hour. $10, $5 children. Call 207-548-0334 for tickets and information.
* Noon-3 p.m., Hayrides, Bangor Savings Bank parking lot, sponsored by the bank.
* Noon-3 p.m., Cowboy Action Shooting demonstration, Penobscot Marine Museum back lawn between Knox Bros. Avenue and Church Street.
* 1-3 p.m., Folk band sponsored by the recreation department.
* 3:30-4 p.m., Music on The Crescen. Music and scarecrows sponsored by Hamilton Marine.
* 4:30 p.m., Scarecrow and Jack O’ Lantern Contest awards presentation on The Crescent.
* 4:30 p.m., GRand prize drawing fot the Florida beach cottage getaway.
* 5:30 p.m., Italian supper at Searsport Congregational Church, Church Street.