SACO, Maine — Saco & Biddeford Savings Institution is proud to announce the 2013’s Community Commitment Award (Award) recipients. The award consisted of $8,000 in scholarships to the following high school seniors:
This year’s Community Commitment Award recipients are as follows:
• Mae Toohey of Old Orchard Beach High School
• Renee Lessard of Thornton Academy
• Benedict Farino of Scarborough High School
• Ryan Pelletier of South Portland High School
• Caitlin Waldron and Andrew Correa of Westbrook High School
• Gabrielle Lodge and Jaymie Lappin of Westbrook Regional Vocational Center
• Elyse Oliver of Biddeford High School and Katherine Plante of Biddeford Regional Center of Technology.
• Desiree Bastarache, of Biddeford High School and Biddeford Regional Center of Technology.
“Saco & Biddeford Savings believes in the importance of showing support for graduating seniors choosing to go on to higher education,” said Kevin Savage president of Saco & Biddeford Savings. “It’s a big step both academically and financially.”
Since 2009, Saco & Biddeford Savings has awarded a $1000 scholarship to high schools in their market area, including Biddeford, Saco, Old Orchard Beach, Scarborough, South Portland and Westbrook, as well as students enrolled in vocational education programs at Biddeford Regional Center of Technology and the Westbrook Regional Vocational Center. Each school then has the opportunity to give the entire scholarship to one student, or split it between two or more deserving students.
Founded in 1827 and headquartered in Saco, Saco & Biddeford Savings is Maine’s OLDEST BANK with branches located in Biddeford, Old Orchard Beach, Scarborough, South Portland and Westbrook. As a leader in community banking, Saco & Biddeford Savings Institution has contributed more than $3.5 million to area organizations over the last ten years; and, continues to support the needs of the communities it serves. The Bank was recognized in 2011 for “Best Places to Work in Maine.”Saco & Biddeford Savings is a Member FDIC and an Equal Housing Lender.