GUILFORD, Maine — The Piscataquis River Festitval will host a variety of events Friday and Saturday, July 27 and 28 at the Sports Complex, Water Street, Route 15.
This years theme is Old West Round Up and begins with a performance by Cross’n Mason Dixon from 5 to 9 p.m. Friday, July 27.
Festivities on Saturday, July 28 include:
• 7-9 a.m., Breakfast.
• 8 a.m., Walk-a-thon and kids fun run (7:30 registration or call 876-4813).
• 8:45 a.m., 5K Road Race (8:15 registration or call 876-4813).
• 9-12 a.m., Library book sale.
• 9:30 a.m., parade.
• 11 a.m., Miss Lilac Pageant (876-4001) and Bike Rodeo – basketball court (register 15 minutes early)
• 12 noon, All Things Dog – (Contact Fresh Air Dogs 564-2604 to register your dog and for more information).
• 1-5 p.m., The Resistance, award winning classic rock band.
• 2 p.m., pie eating contest (registration at 1:45 p.m.)
• 3 p.m., rubber duck race
Beginning Monday, July 23, pick up treasure map at Forget Me Not Flowers, then follow map to different locations to get prizes and have map stamped. Turn in completed maps to the River Festival T Shirt booth by 1 p.m. Saturday, July 28 to be eligible to win a gift card drawing.