PORTLAND, Maine — The Maine Real Estate & Development Association (MEREDA) will recognize the six most notable 2012 commercial development projects in Maine at its annual spring conference on Wednesday, May 22.
All of the projects being recognized embody MEREDA’s belief in responsible development; each was completed in 2012 and all are fully tenanted. Projects were selected based upon the following additional criteria: environmental sustainability, economic impact, energy efficiency, social impact, and job creation.
• Bar Harbor: West Street Hotel by Ocean Properties, Ltd.
• Lewiston: The Lofts at Bates Mill by The Szanton Company
• Biddeford: Harold Alfond Forum by the University of New England
• Portland: Oak Street Lofts by Avesta Housing
• Kennebunk: Park Street School by Avesta Housing
• Biddeford: Emery School by Avesta Housing
Representatives from each of the above projects will be at the event to receive their respective awards.
A backgrounder on each of the projects is attached and/or available by contacting MEREDA.
For more information about the conference and to register, visit www.mereda.org.
Contact: Maine Real Estate & Development Association
207-874-0801 or email@example.com