ELLSWORTH, Maine — Hospice Volunteers of Hancock County has announced its fall support group series for those grieving the loss of a loved one.
Five groups organized by type of loss are being offered:
• Widows & Widowers, 11 a.m.-1 p.m., Thursdays, Oct. 4 through Nov. 29.
• Parents Who Have Lost a Teen or Adult Child, 3-4:30 p.m. Mondays, Oct. 8 through Nov. 19.
• Adults Who Have Lost a Parent or Sibling, 2-3:30 p.m. Fridays, Oct. 26 through Dec. 7.
• Survivors of Loved Ones Who Have Completed Suicide, 4-6 p.m. Thursdays, Oct. 11 through Nov. 15.
• Caring for Veterans, for individuals currently caring for Veteran loved ones, to be co-sponsored with Friendship Cottage in Blue Hill, 1-3 p.m. Thursdays, Nov. 1, 8, 15, 29.
All groups will be held at the Hospice Volunteers of Hancock County office in Ellsworth, except for the Caring for Veterans group, which will be held at Friendship Cottage in Blue Hill. For that group, free respite will be available with advance notice.
All groups are free of charge, but require advance registration. Deadlines for registering are one week prior to the start of the group.
To register or for more information, call the HVHC office at 207-667-2531, or visit the website at hospiceofhancock.org.