PRESQUE ISLE, Maine —The Presque Isle CareerCenter announced October programming for job seekers and those who are considering training to upgrade their skills to increase their employability.
The schedule is:
- Intro to Training workshops, 9-10 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 2, 9, 16, 23, 30.
- Creating Winning Resumes workshops, 9 a.m.-noon Wednesday, Oct. 3, 24.
- Gateways to Employment workshop, 9-10 a.m. Tuesday, Oct. 2, in Houlton, Maine, and 9 a.m.-noon Friday, Oct, 19, in Presque Isle.
- Financial Aid workshop, 9 a.m.-noon Wednesday, Oct. 3, 10, 24, and 31. Register in advance at 800-281-3703 or meoc.maine.edu .
- CareerCenter Job and Resource Fair, 9 a.m.-2 p.m. Wednesday, Oct. 17, at the Crow’s Nest.
CareerCenters, part of the Maine Department of Labor, offer a variety of services to help people find employment or upgrade skills. Each center provides several public-access computer workstations with Microsoft Office software, resume writing and cover letter software, Internet access and O’Net software for skills assessment. All CareerCenter services are free of charge.
For information or to register for workshops, call 207-760-6300 or 800-635-0357 (TTY users call Maine Relay 711). The CareerCenter, located at 66 Spruce Street in Presque Isle, Maine, is open 8 a.m.–5 p.m., Monday through Friday. Information also is available at www.mainecareercenter.com.