AUBURN, Maine — Procter and Gamble announced that its Tambrands Manufacturing facility in Auburn will stop operations for one day for its upcoming annual business meeting and to send its more than 400 employees into the community to work on service projects. The event represents nearly 2,000 hours of community service in one afternoon, company officials said, and the event represents a donation of effort and money to the community of more than $60,000.
Locations for service are:
• Boys and Girls Club, 43 Second St., Auburn.
• Head Start, 269 Bates St., Lewiston.
• Martel School, 880 Lisbon St., Lewiston.
• Safe Voices, 50 Goff St., Auburn
• YMCA, 62 Turner St., Auburn
• Androscoggin Humane Society, 55 Strawberry Ave., Lewiston.
• Walton School, 92 Mary Carroll St., Auburn.
• LA Trails: Sherwood Forest Trail near 32 Sherwood Drive, Auburn.
• Barker Loop Mill near Barker Arms, Mill St., Auburn.
• Riverwalk Trail connecting Festival Plaza with Bonney Park in Auburn.
• David Rancourt River Preserve near Route 202 off of Tall Pines Drive.