|University of New England||Colby College|
WATERVILLE, Maine — Brady Fleurent had a goal and three assists as 12th-ranked University of New England skated to a 5-1 non-conference win over Colby College in men’s hockey Tuesday at Alfond Rink.
The Nor’easters, who are 10-0-1 in their last 11 games, moved to 12-3-2 overall. The Mules fell to 7-7.
* Fleurent scored at 4:09 of the opening period from Ryan Bloom and Chris Jones to get UNE off to a good start. The Nor’easters went up 2-0 after one period when Andrew Slotnick tallied from Alden Weller and Fleurent at 7:39.
* UNE scored two goals in the opening 1:59 of the second period to go up 4-0. The first came just 29 seconds in when Ryan Burr started the rush on a pass from behind his own net to Brady Fleurent, who immediately found Jones skating free. Jones skated over the blue line and ripped a shot off the post for the goal.
* The Nor’easters went up 4-0 on another transition goal on the power play. Fleurent pushed a nice pass to Bloom cutting to the goal. Bloom’s shot was saved by goalie Andrew Tucci, but Tyler Seltenreich was right behind Bloom and hit the rebound in the back of the net.
* Colby scored its goal on the power play at 16:07 of the second period. Michael Rudolf had a high shot off a one-timer on a pass from teammate Phil Klitirinos. Kienan Scott had the secondary assist.
* UNE scored its final goal off a face-off to the left of Tucci with 10:18 left in the third period. Max Rasberg got the puck to Jones, who had his shot from the point deflect off a Colby defensemen.
By the numbers
* The Mules had a 32-30 advantage in shots and the two teams combined for 16 penalties.
* Colby also had a 43-22 advantage in face-offs, with Nick O’Connor winning 14 of his 19 draws.