WATERVILLE, Maine — The Colby College women’s basketball team held University of Maine at Farmington to just 21.4 percent shooting in the game to finish the home portion of the schedule with a 72-36 non-conference win Tuesday night at Wadsworth Gymnasium.
The Mules improved to 10-12 overall, while the Beavers dropped to 6-15.
By the numbers
* Senior co-captain Haley Driscoll finished with 18 points on 9-for-14 shooting, six rebounds, three steals, and two blocked shots for the Mules.
* Jackie Albanese came off the bench with 14 points, including 4-of-8 shooting from 3-point range. Ainsley Burns added 10 points on 4-for-6 shooting, Jane MacKerron had nine points and five rebounds, and Emma LaCascia added eight points.
* The Mules had 26 assists on their 30 made field goals, including a game-high seven from Katie McCrum. Paige Russell added six asssists, while Kara Petronio and Emily Davis both had three.
* Kasey Talarico had a game-high 13 points on 5-for-10 shooting for the Beavers. Morgan Crocker finished with 10 points and McKenna Brodeur had nine.
* The Mules had a 47-30 rebounding advantage, led by Petronio with seven.
* The Mules were able to get Driscoll looks inside and opened up a 22-9 lead after one quarter.
* Colby clamped down defensively in the second quarter, holding UMF to just three points in taking a 34-12 lead at intermission.
* The Mules scored 19 points in both the third and fourth quarters.