|Thomas College||Colby College|
WATERVILLE, Maine — Paige Russell and Katie McCrum both had 17 points for the Colby College women’s basketball team in a 68-41 victory over Thomas College in non-conference play Tuesday at Wadsworth Gymnasium.
The Mules head into the Thanksgiving break with a 2-1 record, while Thomas drops to 1-3.
How it happened
* The game was tied 7-7 when Katie McCrum hit one 3-point shot and Emma LaCascia fired in two from long range to push Colby’s lead to 16-7. The Mules led 20-9 after the first quarter.
* The Mules led by as much as 19 points in the second quarter before settling for a 34-17 lead at halftime.
* Colby led by as much as 27 points in the third quarter and led 54-29 heading into the final quarter.
By the numbers
* Russell, a point guard, led all rebounders with nine while shooting 7-for-10 from the field. She was 3-for-5 from 3-point range and added two steals.
* McCrum also was 3-for-5 from 3-point range and 6-for-9 from the field. She added three assists.
* LaCascia was 4-for-7 from long range for 12 points. Ainsley Burns also had 12 points on 6-for-9 shooting. The Mules shot 47.6 percent (10-for-21) from 3-point range.
* Haley Driscoll finished with five assists, while Grace Coutu pulled down six rebounds and blocked two shots.
* Nikki Bradstreet came off the bench and had eight points for Thomas. Jordan Turner and Sammie Griffin both had seven points.