|Thomas College||Colby College|
WATERVILLE, Maine — First-year Matt Hanna continued his fine start to the season with a game-high 20 points for the Colby College men’s basketball team in an 81-66 win over Thomas College on Tuesday at Wadsworth Gymnasium.
The Mules are 3-0 overall, while the Terriers dropped to 1-2.
By the numbers
* Hanna, who made the all-tournament team at the University of New England Tournament, was 6-for-12 from the field, had four rebounds, two assists, and two steals.
* Alex Dorion went 5-for-8 from 3-point range on the way to 15 points for the Mules. Sam Jefferson made all five of his free throws and scored 13 points. Wallace Tucker scored nine points, while Pat Dickert had seven.
* Dean Weiner, the MVP of the UNE tourney, had five rebounds, four assists, and two blocked shots. Tyler Williams also had five rebounds and dished three assists, while Sean Gilmore had six points and three assists.
* Carlos Gonzalez had 19 points and a game-high 11 rebounds for Thomas. He also blocked four shots and dished three assists.
* Willie Grant shot 6-for-9 from the field and added 14 points for the Terriers. Zach Mackinnon added nine points and John Morgan scored eight.
How it happened
* Colby took control from the start of the game, jumping out to 6-0 and 18-7 leads in the first eight minutes of the opening half.
* The Mules took a 43-29 lead into halftime, but Thomas got as close as eight points at 51-43 with 14:30 remaining on a bucket by Lovegeurson Fleurine. Colby, though, steadily pulled away and led by as much as 24 points with about five minutes remaining.