|Saint Joseph's College||Rivier University|
NASHUA, N.H. – Saint Joseph’s College (8-8, 5-4 GNAC) toppled Rivier University (1-15, 0-9 GNAC), 99-63, in a Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) men’s basketball contest on Wednesday evening.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
The opening 10 minutes of play featured plenty of back and forth action and the Raiders held a 22-21 advantage with 8:44 before the break. The Monks proceeded to take control from that point forward however, as the visitors wrapped up the first half with a 23-6 run en route to securing a 44-28 cushion heading into intermission.
Saint Joseph’s registered multiple season-highs in the victory, including points, field goal percentage (57.4%, 35-61), three pointers made (18), attempted (36), three-point percentage (50%), assists (28), and rebounds (48).
LEADERS – SAINT JOSEPH’S:
· Sophomore guard Ben Malloy (Standish, Maine) scored a career-high 20 points with four assists while draining six of 11 attempts from three-point distance
· Junior forward Aaron Hall (Haverhill, Mass.) contributed 16 points and four rebounds
· Freshman guard Mario Nery (Bronx, N.Y.) added 14 points, six assists, and a pair of steals
· Senior guard John Crawley (Fitchburg, Mass.) chipped in with 13 points with five boards and three assists
· Sophomore forward Marc Corey (Londonderry, N.H.) was just shy of a double-double with nine points and nine caroms while dishing out four assists
· Senior guard Andrew Ruffen (Salem, N.H.) chimed in with nine points in 15 minutes off the bench
LEADERS – RIVIER:
· Freshman Tristian Givens (Windsor, Conn.) led all scorers with 24 points and pulled down five boards with two assists
· Freshman Joshua L’Heureux (Dracut, Mass.) scored 13 points
· Sophomore Bruce Barton (Webster, N.H.) came off the bench to contribute 10 points
· Freshman Keith Poitier (East Hartford, Conn.) added eight points and four assists
For St. Joe’s, tonight’s scoring output is the most points scored in a regulation game since the Monks defeated Mount Ida College by a 103-50 margin in Standish on January 19th, 2008…Saint Joseph’s tied the program record for three-pointers made in a game – first happened in an 87-56 victory at Mount Ida on February 20th, 2014…the Monks also launched the second-most trifectas in team history – record is 38 versus Lincoln University on February 25th, 2006 (SJC also registered 36 three attempts against Bowdoin College on November 22nd, 2014)…48 rebounds is team’s highest total since SJC pulled down 55 caroms versus Norwich University on January 14th, 2012 (team record is 68 versus Lyndon State College on December 9th, 1990).