|Saint Joseph's College||UM-Farmington|
FARMINGTON, Maine – Saint Joseph’s College (3-1) toppled UMaine-Farmington (2-1), 84-57, in a non-conference women’s basketball game on Tuesday night.
Senior forward Regan McFerran (Albany, N.Y.) notched the third double-double of her career with 20 points and 10 rebounds and the Monks outrebounded the Beavers by a 51-25 margin in a one-sided victory. Saint Joseph’s pulled down 22 offensive boards and held a 40-20 lead in points in the paint on the evening.
THE REST OF THE STORY:
Saint Joseph’s held the lead the entire game and boasted a game-high 30-point cushion when junior Vanese Barnes (Jay, Maine) capped a 15-5 run to provide the visitors with an 80-50 advantage with 2:37 left in the fourth quarter.
LEADERS – SAINT JOSEPH’S:
- McFerran was 4-6 from three-point distance and 6-9 from the field overall in en route to scoring a career-high 20 points
- Junior guard Kelsi McNamara (West Newbury, Mass.) contributed 18 points, seven assists, and three steals
- Junior guard Julia Champagne (Brunswick, Maine) added 13 points and seven caroms
- Junior guard Hannah Marks (Waldoboro, Maine) chipped in with 11 points and six boards
- Sophomore guard Julia Quinn (Fryeburg, Maine) was 5-5 from the FT line with seven points and three assists
LEADERS – UMAINE-FARMINGTON:
- Junior guard Morgan Crocker posted 15 points with three rebounds and three assists
- Freshman forward McKenna Brodeur (Oakland, Maine) added 12 points
- Sophomore guard Sara Lamb (Topsham, Maine) and freshman forward Adlin Chaparin (Winthrop, Maine) came off the bench to net seven points apiece
Saint Joseph’s held the lead in points off turnovers (20-10), second-chance points (16-3), and points in the paint (40-20) while UMaine-Farmington posted a 24-15 edge in bench points.
Saint Joseph’s is now 42-29 all-time versus Maine-Farmington and has now defeated the Beavers in seven-consecutive meetings dating back to the 2010-11 season.
Saint Joseph’s will host University of Southern Maine in the annual Costello Cup contest on Sunday at 5:30 PM.