|Saint Joseph's College||Colby College|
WATERVILLE, Maine — St. Joseph’s College had four players with 14 points or more and scored 46 points in the first half on the way to a 79-50 win over Colby College in non-conference women’s basketball Wednesday night.
The Monks improve to 5-1 overall, while the Mules drop to 2-2.
By the numbers
* Monk point guard Kelsi McNamara finished with a game-high 18 points and added four assists. She had 16 of the points before halftime.
* Emily Benway added 14 points and a game-high eight rebounds for St. Joseph’s. Julia Champagne and Hannah Marks also had 14 points.
* Ainsley Burns had a team-high 16 points for the Mules. Katie McCrum added 12 points and three assists, while Haley Driscoll scored 11 for Colby.
* The Monks made good use of their possessions, with just one turnover in the first half and five for the game.
* St. Joseph’s led 25-13 after one quarter and 46-28 at intermission. The Mules had a couple opportunities to cut the margin to 14 points in the third quarter, but the Monks steadily pulled away.