|Pine Manor College||Colby College|
WATERVILLE, Maine — Haley Driscoll finished with 15 points, 10 rebounds, and five assists for the Colby College women’s basketball team in a 72-40 non-conference win over Pine Manor College on Tuesday night.
The Mules are 7-7 overall heading into Saturday’s 3 p.m. home game with Bowdoin College. Pine Manor dropped to 5-11 overall.
By the numbers
* Driscoll, who leads the NESCAC in field goal percentage, shot 7-for-12 from the field.
* Ainsley Burns was 4-for-5 from the field and made all four of her free throws for 12 points for the Mules. Paige Russell, Emily Davis, and Grace Coutu all had seven points. Russell also had five rebounds and three assists.
* The Mules forced 28 Pine Manor turnovers and held the Gators to just 31.6 percent shooting.
* Shaneka Monroe had 12 points to lead Pine Manor. Aleah Lauti added seven points and six rebounds.
* After a slow start for both teams, the Mules pulled away and led 15-4 after one quarter.
* Driscoll had 14 points in the opening half for a 35-19 lead at intermission. Pine Manor had its best quarter, shooting 54.5 percent from the field.
* The Mules had a 15-12 scoring margin in the third quarter and then scored 22 points in the fourth quarter to pull away for good.