|Lasell College||Saint Joseph's College|
STANDISH, Maine – Lasell College (5-3, 3-0 GNAC) defeated Saint Joseph’s College (3-4, 2-1 GNAC), 63-49, in Great Northeast Athletic Conference (GNAC) men’s basketball action at the Harold Alfond Center on Tuesday night.
HOW IT HAPPENED:
Saint Joseph’s took advantage of several Lasell turnovers early and held an 11-4 advantage after senior John Crawley (Fitchburg, Mass.) netted a three-pointer 5:25 into the contest, but Lasell answered by netting six three-pointers during a 20-6 run over the following six minutes to claim a lead that would not be relinquished.
In the second half, the Lasers posted a 9-2 run en route to securing a game-high 17-point (50-33) cushion with 10:47 remaining. The Monks managed to cut their deficit back down to eight (55-47) with a 12-3 offensive burst, capped by a Darian Berry (Rochester, N.H.) layup at the 5:14 mark, but could not close the gap further.
LEADERS – SAINT JOSEPH’S:
• Sophomore guard Ian Mileikis (Auburn, Maine) led the Monks with 12 points while grabbing four rebounds
• Junior forward Quinn Richardson-Newton (Saco, Maine) tallied eight points and eight rebounds
• Berry chipped in with seven points, five boards, three assists, and three steals
LEADERS – LASELL:
• Senior guard Armin Omanovic (Wilkesboro, N.C.) netted a game-high 22 points with five assists
• Sophomore guard Tim Blair (Newington, Conn.) came off the bench to contribute 16 points, five boards, and four assists
• Senior forward John Powell (Ashland, Mass.) added 10 points and eight rebounds
• Senior forward Yordan Villalon (Miami, Fla.) pulled down 10 caroms with five points and three assists