|Husson University||Colby College|
WATERVILLE, Maine — Olivia Smith had six hits on the day and was the winning pitcher in the second game for Husson University in 9-0 and 11-5 wins over Colby College in non-conference softball on Monday at the Baseball/Softball Complex.
Game 1 by the numbers
* Smith was 3-for-3, scored twice, and drove in a run. Meanwhile, Morgan Coleman ripped a three-run homer and had a sacrifice fly to plate four runs.
* Brianna Bires went 2-for-2 and scored a run, Madelyn Fowler scored twice and had an RBI double, and Bri Brochu and Chloe Gorey both had one hit and one run for the Eagles (5-7 overall).
* Lolo Niemiec, Kathleen Mason, and Holly Lallis went 1-for-2 for the Mules in the five inning opener.
* Jen Jones pitched all five innings in her three-hit shutout and had seven strikeouts.
Game 1 highlights
* Brochu and Smith pulled off a double steal to allow Brochu to score from third to give Husson a 1-0 lead in the first inning.
* The Eagles scored two unearned runs in the second inning by Bires and Shelby Burge.
* Coleman’s homer in the third inning scored Smith and Fowler. Fowler and Smith both had RBI doubles in the fourth, while Coleman brought in Smith with a sacrifice fly.