|Colby College||Williams College|
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. — The Colby College men’s hockey team fought back from a 2-0 deficit to tie the game, but Williams College scored a late goal in the second period and kept the Mules scoreless in the third period for a 3-2 NESCAC win on Sunday.
The Mules, fresh off a 9-1 win at Middlebury College on Saturday night, dropped to 1-1 overall and in the league standings.
How it happened
* The Mules had two goals in a span of 2:35 about midway through the second period to tie the game at 2-2.
* Kienan Scott scored his first of the season on a breakaway off a pass from first-year Justin Grillo at 8:20 of the second period.
* The Mules took advantage of a Williams turnover in its own zone to tie the game at 10:55. Cam MacDonald scored his first of the season off passes from Nick O’Connor and Dan Dupont. O’Connor has three assists in the first two games.
* Williams scored the game-winning goal on the power play at 18:47 of the second period. C.J. Shugart deflected in a shot from Colby Cretella.
* Max Fuld tallied unassisted at 11:54 of the opening period for the Ephs. Roberto Cellini made it 2-0 just 38 seconds into the second period.
By the numbers
* Colby goaltender Sean Lawrence had 25 of his 34 saves in the opening two periods. Michael Pinios stopped 17 shots for the Ephs.
* Williams moved to 2-0 after taking a win over Bowdoin College on Saturday.
Next on the schedule
* Colby has its home opener this Saturday at 4 p.m. against University of Massachusetts at Boston on the first day of the Bowdoin/Colby Face-Off Classic. The Mules will play Saint Anselm College on Sunday at 1 p.m. at Bowdoin. Saint Anselm is coached by former Colby head coach Jim Tortorella.