|Colby College||Trinity College|
HARTFORD, Conn. — The Colby College women’s basketball team held the lead for much of the second half, but Trinity College used a late scoring run to pull out a 59-55 NESCAC victory on Sunday.
The Mules are 6-7 overall and 1-2 in the league heading into Tuesday’s 7 p.m. non-conference home game with Pine Manor College.
By the numbers
* Katie McCrum finished with a double-double at 17 points and 11 rebounds. She also hit three 3-point shots, dished four assists, and had two steals.
* Haley Driscoll was 7-for-11 from the field and also had 17 points and a pair of assists. Paige Russell added 16 points, seven rebounds, and four assists.
* The Mules shot nearly 47 percent (23-for-49 ) from the field, but the Bantams enjoyed a sizable difference at the foul line. Trinity was 12-for-21 from the free-throw line and the Mules were 3-for-6.
* The two teams battled to a 27-27 halftime tie, but Colby seemed to be in control after Russell hit a jumper to give her team a 53-46 lead with 3:34 to play. Trinity, however, used a 13-2 scoring run over the final 3:06 to pull out the win.
* The Mules held Trinity to just 22 points in the middle two quarters.