|Colby College||Middlebury College|
MIDDLEBURY, Vt. — Georgia Cassidy scored her eighth goal of the season for the Colby College field hockey team in a 6-1 loss to seventh-ranked Middlebury College on Kohn Field on Saturday.
The Mules had their four-game winning streak snapped in falling to 5-3 overall and 2-3 in the NESCAC.
* Cassidy scored with 12:01 left in the second half on a penalty stroke to the upper left corner. She has a team-best eight goals and one assist for 17 points.
* Colby goalie Riley Whitmyer stopped 13 shots, while Middlebury’s Abby Furdak made nine saves.
* The Panthers (6-2, 4-1 NESCAC) scored two goals in the opening 2:24 of the game. Audrey Quirk scored on a play started on a penalty corner, while Marissa Baker tallied at 2:24.
* Middlebury, which led 3-0, also had two goals from Erin Nicholas and one apiece from Lauren Schweppe and Annie Leonard.
* The Mules had a 7-6 advantage in penalty corners, while the Panthers led 20-14 in total shots.