|Colby College||Hamilton College|
CLINTON, N.Y. — Colby College co-captains Haley Driscoll and Katie McCrum both had 14 points to help the Mules to a 61-52 win over Hamilton College in NESCAC women’s basketball Saturday.
The Mules move to 8-10 overall and 2-4 in the conference. Hamilton is 13-7 overall and 1-5 in the league.
By the numbers
* Driscoll shot 5-for-9 from the field, had five rebounds, and two blocked shots. McCrum was 4-for-7 from 3-point range, had two assists, and one blocked shot.
* Paige Russell finished with 12 points, a team-high seven rebounds, two assists, and no turnovers while playing 38 minutes. Jackie Albanese was 4-for-6, including three 3-point shots, for 11 points. Sarah Hancock had a game-high six assists and Grace Coutu had six points.
* The Mules had a narrow 30-29 rebounding advantage. Colby also had only 13 turnovers.
* Colby, after playing well Friday night in a loss against top-ranked Amherst, led 12-11 after one quarter and 30-28 at halftime.
* With the score 30-30 in the third quarter, the Mules used a 7-0 scoring run to go ahead for good. Driscoll scored inside, Russell added a layup, and McCrum stuck a 3-point shot.
* The Mules led 47-36 when Albanese nailed a 3-point shot with 3:55 remaining in the third quarter. The Continentals got as close as 55-50 in the fourth quarter, but McCrum hit a 3-point shot to make it 58-50.