|Bowdoin College||Williams College|
WILLIAMSTOWN, Mass. – The Bowdoin men’s soccer team traded second half goals with Williams as the two teams went on to a 1-1 double overtime tie on Sunday afternoon.
The Polar Bears (7-3-3, 3-3-2 NESCAC) have played seven overtime games this season, including five in double OT. The Ephs sit at 7-2-3 (4-2-1 NESCAC) on the year.
- Moctar Niang tallied an early scoring opportunity in the first half for Bowdoin, heading a ball on net that forced the Williams keeper to make a goal line save.
- The Polar Bears took a 1-0 lead in the 54th minute off a set piece. Matty McCall’s corner kick landed at the feet of Ethan Ellsworth who bested Christian Alcorn for the game’s first goal.
- The Ephs evened the game in the 74th minute behind a successful corner kick. Mohammad Rashid fed Mark Sisco-Tolomeo for a header that found the back of the net and forced overtime.
- Neither team saw any promising scoring opportunities in the two overtime periods.
- Both teams tallied six shots, while the Polar Bears held a slight 7-6 edge in corner kicks.
- Noah Safian and Alcorn each made a pair of saves.