|Bowdoin College||Minnesota Morris|
AUBURNDALE, Fla. – The Bowdoin baseball team picked up a pair of wins to begin its final week of play in Florida.
The Polar Bears (4-5) knocked off Minnesota-Morris (1-11) on Tuesday in a 6-2 final. On Wednesday, Bowdoin defeated Babson (6-4) by an 11-4 margin.
- Bowdoin scored in the second, third, and fourth innings to take a 3-0 lead. Austin Zakow put the Polar Bears on the board with an RBI single to right. Joe Gentile and Zakow both popped sacrifice flies to the outfield to drive in runs.
- The Cougars answered in the bottom of the fourth as Bryce Jergenson doubled down the leftfield line.
- Connor Lee tagged a two-run triple to center in the fifth and Sawyer Billings homered in the sixth.
- The game’s final run came from Minnesota-Morris in the eighth on a throwing error.
- Brandon Lopez earned the win on the mound with 6.1 innings of work and four strikeouts. Lopez allowed four hits and a trio of walks. Ryan Winn forced a pair of outs off two strikeouts. James Speerand Justin Schachter each fanned a batter.
- Lee went 3-for-4 at the plate.