AUBURNDALE, Fla. – The Hamilton baseball team shut out Bowdoin in a pair of non-conference games in Florida on Monday afternoon, 6-0 and 3-0.
The Polar Bears drop to 4-6 on the season as the Continentals climb to 4-3.
Game One Highlights
- Hamilton broke through in the top of the second as Robert Morris drove in a run with a single to center. The Continentals added two more runs in the following inning on a pair of groundouts.
- Dan DePaoli pitched all seven innings for Hamilton and struck out ten Bowdoin batters while allowing four hits.
- Max Vogel-Freedman pitched six innings for Bowdoin and allowed seven hits with three runs. Vogel-Freedman fanned five batters.
Game Two Highlights
- The Continentals exploded for five runs in the bottom of the fifth to take the lead in the game two shutout. Jordan Northrup, Andrew Haser, and Dean Rosenberg all recorded RBI singles in the inning. Craig Sandford drove in a pair of runs off a double to right.
- Hamilton’s final run of the day came off the bat of Chris Collins who cleared the left field fence for a solo homerun.
- Richard Arms suffered the loss on the mound after 2.1 innings of work and five hits allowed with as many runs. Arms posted five K