|Bowdoin College||Colby College|
WATERVILLE, Maine — Abby Kelly scored all 17 of her points in the opening half to help fourth-ranked Bowdoin College to a 74-33 victory over Colby College in NESCAC women’s basketball Saturday at Wadsworth Gymnasium.
The Polar Bears remain unbeaten at 17-0 overall and 4-0 in the league, while the Mules drop to 7-8 overall and 1-3 in the conference.
By the numbers
* Kelly was 6-for-11 from the field, 4-of-5 from 3-point range, had a team-high six rebounds, and dished two assists.
* Bowdoin’s Kate Kerrigan had a solid all-around game with 13 points on 5-for-8 shooting, five rebounds, four assists, and three steals. Taylor Choate added 12 points, four assists, and three steals. Sam Roy added seven points.
* Katie McCrum had a team-high 10 points for the Mules. Emily Davis added a game-high seven rebounds, two assists, and two steals. Haley Driscoll and Sarah Hancock both had three assists, while Grace Coutu had six rebounds and two blocked shots.
* The Polar Bears had a 41-7 advantage in bench scoring.
* Bowdoin’s relentless full-court pressure helped as the Polar Bears led 17-7 after the first quarter and 34-13 at halftime.
* Bowdoin had its top scoring quarter after putting up 22 in the third period.