|Bowdoin College||Bridgewater State University|
BRIDGEWATER, Mass. – Jack Bors poured in 23 points off the bench to help lift the Bowdoin College men’s basketball team to a 88-81 win at Bridgewater State on Tuesday evening.
The Polar Bears improve to 7-4 with the win while the Bears fall to 7-5.
- Behind 13 first-half points from Bors and red-hot shooting from long-range (6-10 from three-point range) the Polar Bears built a 44-28 halftime advantage.
- The Polar Bears pushed their lead to as many as 21 points in the second half
- Down 13 with 2:21 to go, Bridgewater mounted a furious rally, rolling off a 9-1 run to trim the lead to just five points following a Keyon Armstrong three-pointer with under ten seconds to go.
- The rally proved to be too little, too late, however, as Jack Simonds hit three late free throws to seal the victory for Bowdoin.
By The Numbers
- Bors’ 23-point outburst eclipses his previous career high of 20 set last season against Colby.
- He connected on 7-9 from the field and went 3-3 from beyond the arc in the win.
- Bowdoin also got double figures from Simonds (17), Hugh O’Neil (15, 11 rebounds) and Blake Gordon (14).
- Bridgewater was paced by 17 off the bench from Armstrong.
- Bowdoin finished at 55.6% shooting for the game – a season-best for the team and went 10-16 from three-point range (62.5%).
- Bowdoin will open NESCAC play this weekend with home games against Tufts on Friday (7:00 p.m.) and Bates on Saturday (3:00 p.m.).