|Bowdoin College||Babson College|
- AUBURNDALE, Fla. – The Bowdoin baseball team picked up a pair of wins to begin its final week of play in Florida. On Wednesday, Bowdoin defeated Babson (6-4) by an 11-4 margin.
- The Polar Bears’ bats stayed hot on Tuesday against Babson.
- The two teams traded runs in the first inning. Lopez doubled to center, driving in Eric Mah, and Matthew Valente drove in Brian McHale for the Beavers.
- Gentile and Zakow each tagged a two-run double in the third inning, giving Bowdoin a 5-1 lead.
- The Beavers cut into the lead in the fourth on an RBI single.
- Lopez crossed the plate in the fifth on a passed ball and Lee drove in two runs with a double.
- A wild pitch in the fifth allowed Babson to put another run up with McHale scoring again.
- Bowdoin scored three runs in the sixth to put the game out of reach. Lopez tagged an RBI single and Zakow continued to produce with a two-run single to center.
- The Beavers got one more run in the eighth but were unable to overcome the deficit.
- Colby Lewis started for Bowdoin and allowed six this while fanning four. Speer, Ryan Dixon, and Peter O’Connell combined for the final five innings.