|Bates College||University of New England|
PORTLAND, Maine – Gordon College (3-2) tipped Saint Joseph’s College (1-2), 1-0, in a non-conference field hockey contest at Deering Memorial Stadium on Wednesday night.
Saint Joseph’s outshot Gordon by a 13-4 margin, but could not solve opposing goalkeeper Shannon Hicks (Scarborough, Maine) – who made six saves – and fell victim to a timely defensive save by Fighting Scots senior Bailey Balmer (Perkasie, Pa.) in the 14th minute in the shutout setback. Gordon junior Emily Allcroft (Haydenville, Mass.) netted the only goal of the evening off a Sabrina Jandreau (Winslow, Maine) feed in the 32nd minute.
• SJC junior keeper Megan Baker (Gorham, Maine) suffered the loss after stopping two of the three shots she faced in the first half
• Freshman netminder Kaylin Mansir (Gardiner, Maine), making her collegiate debut, was untested during the second stanza
• St. Joe’s sophomore midfielder Arianna Kahler (Lisbon Falls, Maine) notched a defensive save in the loss
• Monks senior Kelsey Dumond (Lewiston, Maine) registered a game-high four shots, including three on target
• Aside from the shots disparity, the Monks posted a 12-0 advantage in penalty corner attempts
With the loss, Saint Joseph’s falls to 1-6 in the history of the series with Gordon College, a team the Monks defeated by the same 1-0 score in Wenham, Massachusetts last season.