Saturday, Nov. 10, 2012 9 a.m. to 9 a.m.
Location: Holiday Inn by the Bay, Portland, Maine
For more information: Roxanne J. Munksgaard; 207-735-8360
PORTLAND, Maine — Homegrown Maine, a trade show for patients, caregivers and others to learn about medical marijuana, will be begin at 9 a.m. and through the evening Saturday, Nov. 10, at the Holiday Inn by the Bay.
Admission is by suggested donation of $10, $5 veterans with military ID. No one will be turned away for inability to pay.
Speakers will be:
* Dr. Dustin Sulak, osteopathic physician, healing arts practitioner, teacher and medical marijuana pioneer.
* Wendy Chapkis, professor of sociology and director of women and gender studies, University of Southern Maine, and author of “ Dying to Get High: Marijuana as Medicine.” Her current research focuses on marijuana policy reform.
* Harry Brown of Harry Brown’s Farm in Starks.
* Crash Barry — Author of “Sex, Drugs and Blueberries” and “Tough Island,” and caregiver.
* Chris Dixon, Maine 10th Amendment Center.
* Steve Ruhl – Maine Cannabis Alliance.
* Dave Wilkinson, who wrote ordinances which produced the first municipal vote for marijuana legalization since the 1970s. Author of the novel, “Witchgrass: A pipe dream.”