Wednesday, November 14, 2012; 7:52 p.m.
Location: Farmington Public Library, 117 Academy Street, Farmington, Maine
Contact: Jen ; 207 778 4312
Poetry Reading~November 14, 2012 @ 7 p.m.
Farmington Public Library
• All are invited to a reading by poet Carolyn Gelland.
• She will be performing and reading from her husband’s new book of poems Time On Its Own, to be published October 31, 2012.
• Kenneth Frost grew up in New York and taught at Columbia University and The New School before he and his wife, poet Carolyn Gelland, moved to Maine to read and write in a solitude they could only dream about in New York City. His book, Night Flight (2010) received much critical acclaim. In his poems, he is stalking words in orbit.
• Carolyn Gelland’s book of poems, Four-Alarm House, was published in February 2012. Her poems are widely published in literary journals.
• She worked as a Norwegian translator and ran a small art gallery while living in New York City. Now she performs readings of Kenneth Frost’s and her own poems all over Maine and elsewhere.