Thursday, Sept. 27, 2012 1:30 p.m. to 1:30 p.m.
For more information: 207-992-0118; eaaa.org
Fifteen non-credit courses will be offered to PVSC members this fall. Our volunteer instructors are experts in their respective fields. There are no pre-requisites, no exams, no papers and no grades—just learning for the fun of it!
Thursday art class: September 27-October 18, 10:00 AM – 4:00 PM (Bangor Campus)
Morning Classes: September 28 – November 2, 10:00 AM – noon
• Bog Walk With Us (Orono Campus)
• Introduction to Work of Alan Bennett (Orono Campus)
• The 2012 Election Cycle: 10/5 – 11/9 (Orono Campus)
• About the Universe (Orono Campus)
• DNA: 59 Years and Counting (Bangor Campus)
• Learn to Paint with Watercolors (Bangor Campus)
• Nazi Germany-A Brief History (Bangor Campus)
• Passages Through Adulthood: The Golden Years (Milo)
Afternoon Classes: September 28 – November 2, 1:30 – 3:30 PM
• Electricity, the Inside Story (Orono United Methodist Church)
• Secret Writing (Orono Campus)
• Write Now (Orono Campus)
• Controversies in Science (Bangor Campus)
• Home Gardening (Bangor Campus)
• Aeschylus: The Oresteia (Orono Campus)
Tuition for each course is $30 and includes books and most supplies. Courses are held at the University of Maine Orono, UMA-Bangor, and at selected sites in the community. PVSC provides free parking permits for courses held at UMO or participants may choose to use the free bus service, Black Bear, from downtown Orono to campus. PVSC membership is required for course registration.
PVSC membership is open to individuals age 50+ years. Annual member dues are $25 for individuals and $40 for two people at the same address. Members are entitled to receive two weeks early notice of fall and spring courses and participate in one-day events and field trips, generally without charge, as much as six times a year and take courses at other Senior Colleges in the Maine Senior College Network.
For further information call 992-0118, leave a message and someone will call you back or check our PVSC link at www.eaaa.org for more information about PVSC.