Tuesday, May 7, 2013; 12 a.m.
Location: Pen Bay Medical Center campus, loading dock, 6 Glen Cove Drive, Rockport, ME
Contact: Sandra Whitney, Material Services Director; 596-8593
A Great Opportunity to Clean Out and Make a Difference at the Same Time!
Partners for World Health (PWH – www.partnersforworldhealth.org) will have a truck at Pen Bay Medical Center’s loading dock on Tuesday, May 7, to accept donated supplies. Please arrange for your department’s donated medical supplies (walkers, crutches, etc.) to be dropped off.
PWH welcomes donations of unused medical supplies. We are always in need of items. Hospitals, clinics, doctors’ offices, nursing homes, community centers and even individuals can donate. If you have clean, gently used but no longer needed medical supplies at work or at home, these items can be dropped off
The following is a small sample of the types of items PFWH can accept:
• durable equipment such as crutches, walkers, potty chairs, hospital beds, orthopedic supplies, etc
• diapers (child or adult)
• clean, unstained bed linens
• diabetic supplies (including reading instruments)
• unused syringes/needles (sealed)
• wound care items (bandages, gauze pads, etc)
• surgical gloves
• unused supplies of body lotions, protective barriers, skin cleaners, etc.
While PWH can accept most medical items, these items generally cannot be accepted:
• prescribed or over the counter medicines
• nutritional formulas (powdered or liquid)
If you have questions about the suitability of your medical items for donation, just ask.
Material Services Director
Pen Bay Healthcare