Frequently Asked Questions
- Q: I have a print subscription and am trying to set up online access but the site says it cannot find me. Help!
- A: Your email address may not be on your account in our system or we may have multiple accounts with the same email address. Please call 207-990-8002 and we can take a look at what needs to be done for you to successfully register.
- Q: I am a subscriber and I keep getting blocked from reading content. Why?
- A: It sounds like you may not be logged in. Make sure you have signed in using the SIGN IN button in the top menu of our site.
- Q: I am a home delivery subscriber, and my account is in vacation mode. Why can’t I access the website or the e-edition?
- A: As of December 2018, when you set your account to vacation mode, your digital access is also suspended. If you wish to retain access while away, please call us at 990-8002 to purchase a digital subscription.
Managing Your Account
- Q: Where can I manage my subscription online?
- A: Just go to our Manage Account page. If you need help, reach us on live chat, email us, or call us at 990-8002 (digital) or 990-8040 (print).
- Q: How do I change my credit card information?
- A: Just go to our Manage Account page. If you’d rather talk to a person, call us at 207-990-8002 for digital, or 207-990-8040 for print.
- Q: How do I cancel my subscription?
- A: Just call us at 207-990-8002 for digital, or 207-990-8040 for print.
- Q: I can’t log in because I’ve lost my password. How do I reset it?
- A: You can reset your password by clicking “forgot password?” on the sign in page. Or, just click here. Follow the steps to choose a new password. Once you’ve reset it, you’ll have to log in.
- Q: How can I tell if I’m logged in?
- A: Just look in the menu bar of our site. Where once there was a SIGN IN button, you will see a MY ACCOUNT button if you are logged in. Click it, and it will display “You are logged in as [your email address].”
- Q: Why don’t I see a place to sign in on the app or mobile site?
- A: You don’t yet need to sign in for unlimited access on our mobile app, or our main mobile site. You do have to sign in for access to the e-edition and for AMP pages.
- Q: How can I save the BDN mobile site to my phone’s home screen?
- A: iPhone:
- Q: Why does the SHARE button on BDN articles not work?
- A: We are working on fixing this function. You may share articles in two ways, which are built in to almost every web browser: Copy the URL of the article to your clipboard, then paste that URL into an email. Or, select “print” in your browser menu, and select “print to PDF” as the printer. Then share that file.
- Q: Your website doesn’t look like the paper and I prefer that format. How do I see the paper?
- A: It sounds like you are looking for the e-edition, which is available by 3 a.m. Monday through Saturday. You can find that here. We recommend you bookmark the link.
- Q: I am out of the country. Why am I getting an error when I go to bangordailynews.com?
- A: In May 2018, the European Union instituted a set of laws called GDPR that penalize any company that does not collect specific permissions from people, using very particular language. The penalties for violating these laws can be steep – and American companies are not immune. Compliance with the GDPR is difficult to manage for newspapers of our size. Along with some other news outlets, for us, the most practical solution has been to block users who fall under this law from accessing our site for now.