ORRINGTON — The town of Orrington will celebrate its 226th birthday with the 10-day Old Home Week festival to be held July 11-20, and aims to bring the community together, promote local businesses and “keep the Orrington spirit alive.”
The festival will kick off with a home decorating contest on Friday, July 11, followed by the weekend-long Endless Yard Sale. The Endless Yard Sale, a popular event at last year’s Old Home Week, is composed of hundreds of personal yard sales at homes across Orrington.
The 10-day schedule includes food, dance, sports and more. The events, hosted by the town or local businesses and organizations, are as follows:
– All week long: Home Decorating Contest, Operation Christmas Child
– Friday, July 11: Endless Yard Sale
– Saturday, July 12: Endless Yard Sale, chicken barbecue
– Sunday, July 13: Endless Yard Sale, Church Ice Cream Social, Orrington Historical Society open house
– Monday, July 14: Church Dance & BBQ, Audubon’s EcoExplorers Nature Camp through Friday, July 18
– Tuesday, July 15: Church Supper, Audubon Night Walk
– Wednesday, July 16: Baker Hill Lawn Party, Audubon Flashlight Night Walk
– Thursday, July 17: Alumni Basketball Game, Acadia Re-enactors Encampment through Sunday, July 20
– Saturday, July 19: Brewer Lake Bass Tournament, Audubon Paddling Excursion, farm-style supper, Citizen of the Year, Quick Draw & Marine Salute, cannon muster
– Sunday, July 20: Curran Farm & Museum open house, Bangor Y Pine Tree Triathlon
For more information, visit Orrington.GovOffice.com or call Dick Campell at 745-7748. The town is currently looking for local businesses and organizations interested in hosting new events or sponsoring existing events.
This post was contributed by a community member. Submit your news →