Attendance is free to all participants but pre-registration is requested to account for meals and materials. There is a small fee for commercial exhibitors, but no charge for not-for-profit and government exhibitors. Register online at https://www.regonline.com/partners2014.
The Conference will feature:
- Day One keynote: Staying Alive — How to Act Fast and Survive Deadly Encounters using Evidence-Based Approaches, Michael Dorn, Executive Director, Safe Havens International, Inc.
- Day Two keynote: Lac-Megantic: Response, Recovery and Mutual Aid, Panel from Quebec and Maine.
- Learn more about the keynote sessions at http://www.maine.gov/mema/prepare/prep_news.shtml?id=616763. You must be registered to attend either plenary/keynote session.
- Demonstrations: Wildland Fire Simulator, Maine Forest Service both days; Day One only: “Nature’s Fury” Lego League Teams, Hazardous materials response workshops, The always exciting Hazmat Team Challenge; Day Two: Six tracks of a wide range of emergency management workshops, including tracks on hazmat, schools, communities and home and family.
- See the full agenda at http://www.maine.gov/mema/prepare/conference/Schedulefinal_2014.pdf )
The 6th Annual Maine Partners in Emergency Preparedness Conference is a partnership among the State Emergency Response Commission(http://www.maine.gov/mema/serc ), The Maine Emergency Management Agency(http://www.maine.gov/mema ) and the Maine Association of Local Emergency Manager.
This post was contributed by a community member. Submit your news →