The Merryspring Kitchen Tour will take place on Wednesday, August 7, from 10 a.m. to 3 p,m. The Tour features eight beautiful home kitchens with a gourmet tasting from a talented local chef at every stop.
Merryspring Nature Center invites you to bring your friends and houseguests to this popular summertime event, its major fundraiser of the year.
This year’s Kitchen Tour is generously sponsored by EBS Style Solutions of Camden and co-sponsored by Bangor Savings Bank of Belfast, Rockport, and Rockland.
The 2013 Kitchen Tour features these gracious homeowners and chefs:
1. Linda & Chris Pearse, The Pearse Family Farm, Hope, with Hatchet Mountain Publick House, Hope (a.m.) and the Inn at Sunrise Point, Lincolnville (p.m.)
2. Brooks Crane & Weber Roberts, Hope, with Blue Sky Cantina, Rockport (a.m.) and Conscious Kitchen, Camden (p.m.)
3. David Dickey, Red Chimneys, Camden, with 40 Paper, Camden (a.m.), and French & Brawn, Camden (p.m.) Raffle at this stop–win a dinner at Francine Bistro, Camden, OR Shepherd’s Pie, Rockport!
4. Bettina Doulton, Camden, with Hartstone Inn, Camden (a.m.) and Megunticook Market, Camden (p.m.)
5. Maureen & Rick Morse, Rockport, with Laura Cabot Catering, Waldoboro (a.m.) and Cappy’s Bakery, Camden (p.m.) Door prize at this stop–win a basket of Stonewall Kitchen gourmet foods!
6. Marjorie & Bill Bell, Rockport, with Starlight Custom Cakes, Rockport (a.m.) and Cafe Miranda, Rockland (p.m.)
7. Donna & Greg Knowlton, Rockport, with FOG , Rockland (a.m.) and Vincent’s at the Whitehall Inn, Camden (p.m.)
8. Marybeth & Steve Pullum, Rockport, with The Market Basket, Rockport (a.m.) and The Highlands Coffee House, Thomaston (p.m.)
Give yourself plenty of time to visit all the kitchens, but go in any order and at your own pace. If you buy your tickets before the day of the Tour, ticket prices are $25 for the whole day. On the day of the Tour, you can purchase a ticket for $35 at any of the kitchens, or at Merryspring Nature Center on Conway Road, Camden. You can also purchase a ticket for an individual kitchen for $10.
To save $10 by purchasing a $25 ticket in advance, stop in at Merryspring or any of these locations from Tuesday, July 23 through Tuesday, August 6: CAMDEN: Surroundings, Once a Tree, Party Fundamentals, Stonewall Kitchen; ROCKPORT: The Market Basket; ROCKLAND: Atlantic Baking Company; HOPE: The Hope General Store; THOMASTON: The Highlands Coffee House; BELFAST: The Good Table; WISCASSET: Treats. Advance tickets are also available by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 207-236-2239. Tickets will be held at Merryspring for pick-up the day of the Tour.
All proceeds from the Kitchen Tour support Merryspring Nature Center, a nonprofit park and education center in Camden and Rockport, with 66 acres of nature trails and gardens open free of charge to the public every day, and a year-round program of talks, classes, and workshops.
For further information about the Kitchen Tour, call Merryspring at 236-2239 or go to www.merryspring.org.