PORTLAND and AUGUSTA, Maine, and MANCHESTER, N.H. — Bernstein Shur, one of northern New England’s largest law firms, named two shareholders to lead its Data Security Team. Dan Mitchell, a member of the Business Law Practice Group and the Litigation Group, has been named chairman. Joshua Silver, a member of the Business Law, Intellectual Property and Technology practice groups, has been named vice chairman.
The Data Security Team is a multi-disciplinary group that helps clients navigate the evolving legal, business and technological issues surrounding data security and privacy. Members of the team represent clients in a variety of areas, including:
- Immediate response to data breach events
- Compliance with breach notification obligations
- Transactional representation in commercial dealings where data plays a significant role
- Negotiation of data outsourcing and licensing agreements
- Litigation in a variety of data security contexts, including disputes over liability for a breach or account takeover
- Counseling on compliance with state and federal data security and privacy laws, such as HIPAA and FERPA, and on emerging developments in the data security space
- Insurance counseling and representation in insurance disputes involving data losses
- Building alliances between clients and leading technical experts
Data Security Team members are:
- Eben Albert-Knopp is a member of the Litigation Group and Business Law Practice Group.
- Michael Bosse is chair of the Construction Law Practice Group and a member of the Litigation Group.
- Travis Brennan is a member of the Litigation Group and Health Care Law Group.
- Asha Echeverria is a member of the Energy and Environment Law Practice Group, Environmental and Natural Resources Law Practice Group, Litigation Group and Construction Law Practice Group.
- Ken Lehman is chair of the Health Care Law Group and is a member of the Litigation Group and Business Law Practice Group.
- Jack Montgomery is the chair of the Energy and Environmental Law Practice Group and a member of the Litigation Group.
- Tony Perkins is the chair of the Intellectual Property and Technology Practice Group and co-chair of the Business Law Practice Group.
- Ron Schneider is a member of the Health Care Group, Education Law Group, Labor and Employment Law Practice Group and Litigation Group.
Bernstein Shur is a multi-service firm with more than 100 attorneys in offices in Maine and New Hampshire. Founded in 1915, the firm provides practical and innovative counsel in the areas of business law, litigation, and municipal law to clients throughout the region and around the world. Bernstein Shur is Maine’s exclusive member of Lex Mundi, the world’s leading association of independent law firms. More information is available at www.bernsteinshur.com.
This post was contributed by a community member. Submit your news →