CAMDEN, Maine —The Merryspring Kitchen Tour will take place 10 a.m.-3 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 1.
The tour features eight beautiful home kitchens with a gourmet tasting from a talented local chef at every stop. Merryspring Nature Center invites you to bring your friends and houseguests to this popular summertime event, its major annual fundraiser.
The 2012 Kitchen Tour is generously sponsored by EBS Style Solutions of Camden, and co-sponsored by Bangor Savings Bank.
The 2012 Kitchen Tour features these gracious homeowners and chefs:
1. Barbara & Leon Bausch, Rockport, with Starlight Custom Cakes, Rockport (a.m.) and Hartstone Inn, Camden (p.m.)
2. Lorraine & Philip Streat, Rockport, with Conscious Kitchen, Camden (a.m.) and Fromviandoux, Camden (p.m.)
3. Kathrin & Richard Anderson, Rockport, with Atlantica, Camden (a.m.), and French & Brawn, Camden (p.m.)
4. Hannah Demmons, Rockport, with Café Mediterranean, Camden (a.m.) and The Slipway, Thomaston (p.m.)
5. Madeleine Houston & Daniel Hauptman, Donald & Deborah Dodge, and Ruth & David Dodge, Rockport, with Amalfi on the Water, Rockland (a.m.) and Laura Cabot Catering, Waldoboro (p.m.)
SPECIAL TASTING at EBS Style Solutions, Camden, FIORE Artisan Olive Oils & Vinegars (10 a.m. to 2 p.m.)
Raffle at this stop—win a dinner at Francine Bistro, Camden, or Shepherd’s Pie, Rockport! Bottled water and restrooms are also available.
6. Jane & Joel Lafleur, Camden, with 40 Paper, Camden (a.m.) and Café Miranda, Rockland (p.m.)
7. Carol & Burt Keenan, Camden, with Primo, Rockland (a.m.) and The Market Basket, Rockport (p.m.)
8. Conway House, Camden, with Sandy Oliver, Food Writer and Historian, Islesboro (all day)
Door prize at this stop—win a basket of gourmet foods from Stonewall Kitchen!
Book signing by Sandy Oliver. Museum open free of charge, exclusively for Tour-goers.
Give yourself plenty of time to visit all the kitchens, but go in any order and at your own pace. If you buy your tickets before the day of the Tour, ticket prices are $25 for the whole day. On the day of the Tour, you can purchase a ticket for $30 at any of the kitchens, or at Merryspring Nature Center on Conway Road, Camden. You can also purchase a ticket for an individual kitchen for $10.
To purchase a $25 ticket in advance, stop in at Merryspring or any of these locations from Tuesday, July 17 through Tuesday, July 31: CAMDEN: Once a Tree, Party Fundamentals, Stonewall Kitchen, The Well Tempered Kitchen; ROCKPORT: The Market Basket; ROCKLAND: Atlantic Baking Company; LINCOLNVILLE: Dot’s Market; BELFAST: The Good Table; WISCASSET: Treats. Advance tickets are also available by e-mailing email@example.com or calling 207-236-2239. Tickets will be held at Merryspring for pick-up the day of the Tour.
All proceeds from the Kitchen Tour support Merryspring Nature Center, a not-for-profit park and education center in Camden/Rockport, with 66 acres of nature trails and gardens open free of charge to the public every day, and a year-round program of talks, classes, and workshops throughout the year. For further information about the Kitchen Tour, call Merryspring at 236-2239 or go to www.merryspring.org.
This post was contributed by a community member. Submit your news →