Are you tired of smoking controlling your life? Do you hate having to go outside to smoke and worrying about how the cost is affecting your finances? But you’ve tried to quit before and nothing seemed to work and after a few bad days, you found yourself lighting up again.
Freshstart is the American Cancer Societies’ adult quit smoking group. It’s a small group of people who support each other through the process of quitting.
With the help of a trained facilitator, you’ll come up with a plan to quit that works for you. Finding that plan will involve:
• exploring your reasons for smoking and for wanting to quit;
• taking stock of you strengths and putting them to work for you;
• uncovering barriers and discovering solutions;
• making agreements with yourself; and
• celebrating steps toward freedom from smoking.
The program is sponsored by Waldo County General Hospital and is free.
The next group will start, Tuesday, June 4, and meet for the next three Tuesdays in June from 5 p.m. to 6:30 p.m. at 125 Northport Ave. (the two-story building across the street from the hospital).
Pre-registration is required. To register, call Barbara Crowley at 930-2650 or email: email@example.com.