AUGUSTA, Maine — Participant registration will close at 5 p.m. Tuesday, April 16, for the fifth annual Maine Partners in Emergency Preparedness Conference. The conference will be held Tuesday and Wednesday, April 23-24, at Augusta Civic Center.
The Conference will feature keynote talks from:
- Day One: Two Newtown, Conn., police officers speaking about the Sandy Hook Elementary School coordinated response.
- Day Two: a panel of Mainers who deployed to assist with Sandy storm recovery in New York and New Jersey.
- Registration is required to attend either keynote session
- Other highlights: Hazardous materials response workshops; Hazmat Team Challenge; and six tracks of a wide range of emergency management workshops, including tracks on hazmat, schools, communities and home and family.
- Full agenda available at http://www.maine.gov/
The Maine Partners in Emergency Preparedness Conference is a partnership among the [State Emergency Response Commission](http://www.maine.
This post was contributed by a community member. Submit your news →