BAR HARBOR, Maine — Most people know about the abundance of beauty and outdoor adventure that Bar Harbor and nearby Acadia National Park offers its visitors. What they may not know is that Bar Harbor also features a bounty of epicurean delights that rival those of much larger cities. On May 15-18, that bounty will be on display during the Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce 3rd Annual Taste of Bar Harbor, a food festival featuring local restaurants, cafes, chefs and others who offer distinctive culinary experiences in Bar Harbor.
Don’t miss this chance to sample the best of Bar Harbor cuisine during a weekend of events:
- The festival kicks off on Thursday, May 15 with Dessert Night from 6-9 p.m. sponsored by the Bar Harbor Merchants Association. Tickets for this event are available for $15 and provide a voting ballot, listing all the participating venues and may be obtained at the Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce Visitor Center at 2 Cottage Street. Then, take a self-guided tour of participating restaurants sampling their signature desserts. Vote for your favorite dessert to award the restaurant with the most votes a $500 cash prize.
- Friday, May 16 is the Pub Tour (a 21+ event) from 5-9 p.m. sponsored by Atlantic Brewing Company. Purchase your beer glass, wrist band and 10 sample tickets ($20) at the Bar Harbor Chamber of Commerce on the corner of Cottage and Main Street or Bar Harbor Brewing’s tasting room at 8 Mt. Desert Street, and take a self-guided tour of participating restaurants sampling their featured beer or wine.
- On Saturday, May 17 we are bringing back the popular Chef’s Table sponsored by Pine State Beverage. Experience a five-course dinner and wine pairing at one of five exclusive restaurants. Chefs will be giving tours, demonstrations and sharing recipes. The cost is $75 per person and is limited to 50 seats. Your undisclosed dining location will be revealed at a reception from 5-6 p.m. at FIORE Artisan Olive Oils & Vinegars.
- During the day on Saturday, May 17 don’t miss the Bar Harbor Merchants Association Sidewalk Stroll. Stroll the sidewalks for a taste of all that Bar Harbor merchants have to offer. Featuring unique shopping, culinary and made-in-Maine products, spring sales and tasty treats.
- On Sunday, May 18 enjoy the Eden Farmer’s Market. Featuring a diverse group of local food growers, producers and artisans, this market will provide an opportunity to learn about the wonderful food sources available in the area, and give you the opportunity to sample, purchase and learn from the local, Downeast sources themselves.
- During the Eden Farmer’s Market, we will also be introducing the 1st Annual Waiter Race. Watch as the finest servers from our area’s restaurants compete against one another for bragging rights, as well as the “Ultimate Tip” cash prize.
All festival long, the $20.14 Menu will also be available. Participating restaurants will be offering a prix fixe menu for $20.14 of their own choosing; perhaps it will be an appetizer and glass of wine for $20.14 or two-for-$20.14 entrees, or a three-course meal for $20.14.
Whatever the offerings, it will be the perfect time to try a Taste of Bar Harbor.
This post was contributed by a community member. Submit your news →