FORT KENT, Maine — Martin-Klien American Legion Post 133 will be providing free hot coffee and hot cocoa to visitors on Saturday, March 2 from their tent setup in front of Millers Department Store on Main Street in Fort Kent. Legionnaires will be on hand keeping visitors warm with fresh brewed coffee and hot cocoa and also selling 2013 ICE OUT TICKETS which is an important fundraiser for the Post. Membership information will be available at the booth as well.
The American Legion is the largest Veterans Service Organization. Membership in the American Legion is contingent upon having served on federal active duty in the United States Armed Forces during any of the war eras listed below, and having been honorably discharged or are still serving.
- Aug. 2, 1990 to today (Gulf War / War On Terrorism)
- Dec. 20, 1989 to Jan. 31, 1990 (Panama)
- Aug. 24, 1982 to July 31, 1984 (Lebanon / Grenada)
- Feb. 28, 1961 to May 7, 1975 (Vietnam War)
- June 25, 1950 to Jan. 31, 1955 (Korean War)
- Dec. 7, 1941 to Dec. 31, 1946 (World War II)
- April 6, 1917 to Nov. 11, 1918 (World War I)
For more information on the American Legion in Fort Kent, visit us on the web at www.americanlegionpost133.org or call the event Chairman Duane Belanger at (207) 951 2874.
This post was contributed by a community member. Submit your news →