The height of snow is up! And so are complaints. What can we do to improve snow removal from Bangor’s sidewalks?
This session will take place in the 3rd floor conference room of City Hall.
– Examine the current ordinance and compare to other cities’ ordinances
– Mark up a map with problem areas, including neighborhoods & facilities
– Learn how to draft a letter to Council
– Learn how to submit service requests for snow removal through the Go Bangor app
If attendees wish to do more than write a letter, we can discuss next steps to assist the City in tackling this issue. This event will be a productive meeting of stakeholders; while complaints will be cataloged, this meeting is intended to educate and brainstorm solutions to improved walking in Bangor.
Walk-n-Roll is a community safety advisory committee devoted to safer walking and cycling in Bangor, Maine. Its goal is to link community needs and Bangor’s resources to current and future infrastructure. “Community needs” includes:
- Physical Activity
- Public Safety
- Quality Connections between home and schools, work and village centers
This group serves as an ongoing liaison and advisory committee for city staff, elected officials, vested organizations and businesses for issues relating to non-motorized transit.