Seashore Trolley Museum in Kennebunkport loves dogs so much that it has designated June 7, 2014 its Second Annual “Seashore Trolley Dog Day”. Although the museum is dog-friendly every day, its activities on June 7th will focus on making dogs and the people who love them very happy.
Special experiences for the day include a Blessing of the Dogs at 11 am, Dog Wash and Dog “manicure” services from 10 am to 4 pm, and Behavior and Training Tips by George Quinlan, owner of All About Dogs at 1:45 pm.
A special feature of the day, at 1 pm, is a Fashion Show dubbed “Flaunting Fido on The Runway by the Railway”. Categories for which judges will award prizes are:
• Fashionista Dog.
• Best Coordinating Outfits, dog and owner.
• Most Adorable: the dog may not be glamorous, but is lookin’ loving and sweet.
• Best Railway Theme Outfit.
• Best Celebrity Look Alike: How much does your pooch resemble your favorite star?
• Best in Show: Judges will choose the overall most fashionable female dog and male dog. Winning dogs in this category will receive gift certificates for a dog party at the museum with up to three dog friends and eight people.
Animal Welfare Society, Lucky Pup Rescue, and Maine Search and Rescue Dogs are among the organizations attending, along with businesses providing dog-related products and services.
Visitors can enjoy a full day at Seashore, because a lunch service will be on hand, as well as Arundel Ice Cream Shop’s cart.
Seashore Trolley Museum is the world’s oldest and largest electric railway museum. The scope and quality of the Museum’s collection of public transit vehicles attracts visitors from across the country and the globe. Offering rides (with your dog) on vintage streetcars, exhibits, hiking and a museum store, the museum is appealing to all age groups.
For additional details, contact email@example.com or call 207-967-2800 ext 101.