The Spring 2014 WorkReady Program is coming right up. This program is available to the Pittsfield area for those who would like to enhance their skills and opportunities for employment.
What is WorkReady? WorkReady is a free 60 – hour program that will get you the skills to get that job. Write a resume that gets you noticed! Learn how to answer those tough interview questions! Make a good first impression! In addition, trainees will receive 20 hours of basic computer skills to enhance their employability.
When: The Spring 2014 WorkReady program will run April 10, 2014 – May 2, 2014
Where: Classes will be held at the Skowhegan Area High School
Cost: No cost to applicant
1. Call the adult education program to schedule an appointment to complete an application: RSU54/MSAD54 Adult and Community Education at 474-7553
2. Take the CASAS assessment through the adult education program. This assessment measures your academic skills in reading and math (approximately 8th grade levels required).
3. Following successful completion of the application and assessment, attend the mandatory Final Selection Meeting on Thursday, April 10, 2014, 3 pm at RSU54/MSAD54 Adult and Community Education in Skowhegan.
4. Selection Committee meets following the Final Selection Meeting.
5. Notification of acceptance.
6. Classes start Monday, April 14, 2014.
Attendance for the entire program is mandatory. Trainees will receive one brief break each day during the course of the training. Trainees are welcome to bring a snack and/or attend to personal issues such as phone calls during that break.
When you complete this program, you will have written a finished resume, cover letters, and will have with you the statewide-recognized WorkReady Credential.
WorkReady is a job skills training program that delivers modernized skills to find and keep employment. WorkReady collaborates with local businesses to provide students authentic mock interviews and training sessions with HR professionals.
Some skills you will acquire include critical thinking, dispute resolution, and working with others effectively.
Along with national work credential guidelines, the curriculum is based on 7 standards to meet employer needs.
The WorkReady Curriculum is based on 7 Core Standards:
Motivations and Challenges
Planning for Employment
Communication Skills / Interpersonal Skills
Working With Others / Teamwork
Getting a Job / Preparing both Portfolio & Resume
Wages, Taxes, Employee Benefits
This certificate is recognized by several local employers.
This program is delivered by RSU54/MSAD54 Adult Education – Bill Laney, Director, 474-7553; Lawrence Adult Education –Deb Bomaster, Director, 453-4200 ext.3115; Mid-Maine Regional Adult Education – Susan Tuthill, Director, 873-5754
KVCAP may provide transportation support. The Employment Services Coordinator is Dana Hamilton. You can contact her at 207-859-1584 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also contact Kathryn Ruth, Pittsfield Town Manager for assistance with this process at 487-3136 or email@example.com
WorkReady Flyers as well as the training schedule dates and times are available on the Town of Pittsfield Website at www.pittsfield.org
This is an excellent opportunity to help with your future – please take advantage of it!